Common Questions about Kauai Vacation Rentals
1. Where do I check in and pick up the keys? If you are staying at the Hanalei Bay Resort, you will check in at the front desk where you will pick up and return your keys. It is open 24 hours. All other properties will have a lock box. The code will be included within your driving directions. Please return the single key to the lockbox and use the other set of keys that are inside the condo. Upon departure, make sure the single key is in the lockbox and leave the other set inside condo. There is a $50 replacement fee for lost keys.
2. Do I have to pay for parking? Parking is free at all our properties. Mauna Kai is the only property which requires a parking pass. Please return the pass to the condo before departure. There is a $50 replacement fee.
3. Why do I remove my shoes when entering the condo/home? Removing your shoes before entering a home is a local custom. It also prevents our red dirt from staining the carpet. Sand is also very difficult to clean up.
4. Is smoking allowed in the unit? Smoking is only allowed in designated outside areas. Fines may be incurred. Please check if you are unsure. Fees for removing smoke odors from properties start at $425.00.
5. Where do I put the trash? If you are staying at the Hanalei Bay Resort, just tie up your garbage and leave it at the end of the sidewalk. It will be picked up throughout the day. Most other properties have dumpsters or trash cans where they can be placed. Leaving food out will invite ants and roaches.
6. Were do I get more tissue, paper towels, etc.? You are provided with a start up supply. Addition supplies may be purchased at the local grocery in Princeville and Hanalei.
7. Do I need to clean the unit before I leave? Please load the dishwasher if you have one and bag up all the trash. Starting a load of wash is always appreciated. The clean fee you paid for will cover the rest. Please note that missing inventory and excessive cleaning will be charged to you.
8. Can I have a late checkout? We certainly try to accommodate late checkouts. However, other guests arriving the same day and our cleaner's schedule do not always permit it. Please make arrangements well in advance.
9. What if I accidentally leave something in the unit? Please make a thorough check of the unit before leaving. Most commonly left items are cell phone chargers and dvds. A charge of $35 plus shipping for retrieving and shipping left items will be incurred.
10. Should I turn the fans and/or AC off when I leave? The cost of electricity in Hawai'i is the highest in the country. Please keep doors and windows shut if you are running A/C, and turn them off when not occupying the unit.
For additional questions, do not hesitate to call. 808-823-6523