The site is operated by Kauai Pacific Real Estate, LLC.
The information we gather
At various times you may give your personal data to us. For example, in order to process a request or inquiry from you, we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and a method of payment. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site, submitting an inquiry, or providing information on a rental application. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the Site, when we speak to you, or from third parties. Third party information may include credit information which we use to prevent and detect fraud.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you request and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• For the services or to support your request;
• To contact you from time to time with user or service updates;
• To send other messages that help us provide our services on the Site;
• To customize, measure, report on and improve our services, content and advertising;
• To promote services related to the Site.
• To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
• To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful and
How We May Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We may also share your personal data with:
• One of our partners if you've requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
• A third party performing services on our behalf;
• Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- or shared access connection you are using); Wi-Fi - To ensure no-one else uses the Site while your machine is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile device),
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
- If you have asked us to share data with third party sites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Credit card information is stored by our credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure. We also use third parties to help us optimize our website flow, content and advertising (see below).
To maintain good internet security. For example if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can, so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
Phishing or False emails
We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us if you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a "phisher" or "spoofer".
How long will we keep your personal data?
How do I contact you?